Sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as permanent residents.
If you sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:
- meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your family,
- support your relative financially and
- make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.
TO BE A SPONSOR, YOU MUST BE 18 OR OLDER.
Sponsor your parents and grandparents
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your parents or grandparents to become permanent residents under the Family Class.
If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent. You are responsible for supporting your parent or grandparent financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your parent or grandparent does not need to seek social assistance from the government.
Sponsor your adopted children and other eligible relatives
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor a relative to become a permanent resident under the Family Class.
YOU CAN SPONSOR:
- brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren who are orphaned, are under 18 and do not have a spouse or common-law partner,
- relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children) who will come with them to Canada,or
You can sponsor one relative of any age or relationship, but only if you do not have one of these living relatives who could be sponsored as a member of the family class:
- spouse or common-law partner,
- conjugal partner,
- son or daughter,
- sibling, or
- uncle, aunt, nephew or niece, and
YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RELATIVE WHO IS A:
- Canadian citizen,
- permanent resident or
- registered Indian under the Indian Act.
Who you cannot sponsor
You cannot sponsor other relatives, such as brothers and sisters over 18, or adult children who support themselves financially. If they apply to immigrate under the Skilled Worker Class, they may get extra points for having a relative in Canada.
Creative Tower, Media Free Zone
Fujairah, Fujairah 4422
United Arab Emirates
Suite 204, 170 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga, ON L4Z 3G1, Canada
Phone: +12892985644, +16476605758
Mobile: +1647-907-6636, +1647-784-4588